Best contract for iPhone

andyman

Hi,

I've just returned from 2 years in France. I'd like to start a new contract with an Irish provider using the iPhone I bought in France. I was wondering who is offering the best deal. I am not a 'big talker' so I don't need many minutes of talk time but would use the 3G and texts a lot.

Cheers

Its probaby going to really come down to how much you want to pay for the actual phone! Most providers offer it on a 18 or 24 month contract. And range between 35 - 45 a month for the basic plan that allows 200 mins of talk, 200 texts and 1gb data bundle.

The texts wouldnt be too importants as you can use something like JellySMS to utilist your webtexts on your handset. And whatsapp to instant message other people with smartphones once they have the app. All these would come out of your data package and not your text bundle. Also if your friends had iphones and were using ios5 (latest operating system) these go as iMessages and again don't come out of your bundle.

i only use whatsapp for texting and viber for calling. its free and very good apps. what kind of contract are you looking for?

Its probaby going to really come down to how much you want to pay for the actual phone!

OP has a phone, just wants a data package.

O2 have a PAYG [broken link removed] for €10 a month for 700MB of data. Calls/SMS are extra, i.e. top up by €20 a month and the first €9.99 goes towards the data plan.

Last edited:
Meteor have a good one month contract deal 20 euro a month 200 any time mins, 200 any network texts, free meteor to meteor and 1 gb of data. Very good value and you can change if it does not suit with just a mth notice rather than getting into a long contract.