Best commercial jeep?

L

Leesoph

Whats the best commercial jeep to buy,have a budget of 40k to 45kall advice welcome. thanks

Not sure about the best but what is a list of available choices:

Landcruiser
Sante Fe
Outlander Business
Pajero
Pathfinder
etc

I have been looking into one for a while, just can't seem to satisfy enough to take the plunge.

Toyota Landcruiser by far if you plan going off road at some stage.

If you plan driving on main road's a lot the Land cruiser would not be the most comfortable. or best looking. V.W. Toureag business, M.B. ML, Range Rover, Audi Q7 all good looking, nice drive, not for off road!

We have a Pajero Sport (2005) that we bought new and with the tax back and all it only came to around 28-30K. I like it but would prefer driving on main (straight!) road than the country ones, seems like you haven't as much control, due to the higher centre of gravity I suppose, on the bendy bits!

Land Rover Discovery; comfortable, plenty of power/towing ability and space. Seem to be popular. The Land Cruiser will hold its value and is very reliable.

Discovery commerical are top class I have been driving since 06. Excellent drive on air suspension. VW toureag excellent jeep very refined brother has car type since 04 but would not class them as good off road car

Anyone any experience of the Mitsubishi Outlander Business??

I have heard that Mitsubishi will do a revenue-compliant top spec (Intense+) as well as the basic commercial on the site?

Seems more like a road goer rather than the offroad type. But with the 2.0 VW Diesel it'sa gotta be good on VRT emissions etc in the future?

Had a look at a Freelander 2 S Commercial at the weekend....could be a goer.
Very nice to look at both in and out, wouod be fairly competent off-road and good on the road too.....very tempting!

I find the first version of any new model will have teething problems. The first new discovery’s had problems with the electronic hand brake and air bag sensors, but this was sorted out in the later models

I'm on the verge of buying a Nissan Pathfinder. I'm based in Romania and some of my business interests (forestry etc) necessitate a 4x4 if only for 1 week per month. The rest of the working week(s) the car will spend on the road. I definitely am commited to a Jeep-type vehicle as I simply can't get where I need to go in anything else. At present I'm borrowing a Jeep Cherokee 5.2 petrol but it's breaking my heart in fuel bills.

Had a Patrol for a week and hated it on the road. X-trail and Outlander don't have enough clearance underneath. Others are too expensive to merit the difference (e.g. new model Cherokee or Pajero). Won't buy Landrover as had a Discovery before and it was awful! Toyota Landcruiser is also ruled out for it's dated interior. I'm going to keep this car for 3 years, knock the sh-1-t out of it and sell it on.

Have had a look at Honest John, test drove the car (Pathfinder) and liked it on first impressions but can anyone give me any feed back on what it's like to live with around town, weak-spots, service costs etc..

Current offer from the local Nissan dealer is for a 2008 SE Manual for 33,000 Euro including VAT which seems an okay price.