Best Car Legroom+Headroom

warnerbottom

Hi

I am currently looking around for a new car.

I am 6'4" and my current car is causing me bachache from the poor driving position.

Can anyone recommend a car with good head and leg room with height adjustable seat (wife is considerably smaller!)?

Is there anywhere wher you can get stats such as legroom, headroom and seat height off floor?

Finally, has anyne any experience of having a car seat custom made?

Thanks

WB

I am 6 foot with a long torso.

The passat prviosu to the new has the best headroom for a saloon I have ever been in.

The roof is rounded out. the drivers seat has a great range of height adjustment. Don't know what the new one is like though.

2005 passat

A friedn has a chrysler 300c has plenty of room different price range though.

Husband had a Laguna (03) he is also 6'4'' and feels your pain!

Swears that was the most comfortable car ever. Not at all happy with the Mondeo he has now, older style model (07) but company decide so no choice there.

HTH

I'm 6'6" and have a 05 Opel Vectra and there is plenty of headroom. Legspace is adequate to good (I have very long legs). Seat isn't hight-adjustable in my model, not sure it it's an optional extra. However, there is an adjustable lower back support built into the driver seat, which I find great. Overall I 'm very happy with the comfort of the car.
Would agree that the Mondeo is not all that suitable for tall people. Also recently sat in the Volvo V50 and S40, and the legroom wasn't great at all.
My wife has the new Corsa, and I was amazed how much head space it has. I wouldn't drive for long distances, but it's great for short trips.

Currently drive a mazda 6. Not great for headroom. Seats are also very uncomfortable!