Best Blackberry

borat

I have to get a Blackberry for work and my choices are the Blackberry Pearl 8100, 7130v or 8700v. As a novice can anyone recommend which one is best?

Borat, what do you want/need your blackberry to do for you, e-mail? open attachments in e-mail? large memory? ease of use?

Just the basics really, e-mail on the go, contacts etc. but I won't need too much memory, ease of use would be important

Ive the 7100 series for about 2 yrs, and I think the much slimmer Pearl is the replacement model for this generally. If thats the case i'd go with the Pearl.

I've got the pearl and I find it great. It means that I don't neet to carry two devices as the pearl is small enough to function perfectly as a phone. Only issue is that the pbattery life is lower as it is smaller, but it is still not bad. I charge it mainly from my USB port and can synchronise calender contacts etc with Outlook.
6 months on, I would still pick the pearl, so there you go

I have an 8700, a few of my colleagues chose the Pearl - one now uses it to tell him to check his mail via laptop as he hates the keyboard, the other is always complaining about the keyboard.

remember that the blackberry is push email. I have the nokia n70 which is pull email which suits me as i dont want to be always checking my email. it is a great phone with camera, mp3 player, video etc.

u need to decide if you want to use it as a personal phone as well maybe the pearl is the answer as it is the smallest (and coolest). ebay have good offers on them aswell.

I have problems with my Blackberry and Vodaphone said they do not support it and I have to get on to Blackberry directly. Blackberry charge for customer support. I bought the phone from Vodaphone.

I have problems with my Blackberry and Vodaphone said they do not support it and I have to get on to Blackberry directly. Blackberry charge for customer support. I bought the phone from Vodaphone.

what blackberry do you have?

I got mine from O2 and I have been told I have full tech support on the Pearl (not that I have used it, but nice to know it is there).
Then again my wife works for O2, so maybe that's the reason they are giving me support