Best BB with laptop have eircom Line

dodo

My friend got their first Laptop never had PC before, They have eircom Phone Line, Because it is a laptop should they go for wireless BB is a a rule of thumb, If so should they just use Eircom or what is the best value, Thanks

They have eircom Phone Line, Because it is a laptop should they go for wireless BB is a a rule of thumb, If so should they just use Eircom or what is the best value, Thanks
Wireless broadband means broadband delivered to your home wirelessly - e.g. WiMax or pre-WiMax (e.g. Irish Broadband and others), satellite etc. Wireless LAN means wireless access to your broadband router. The two are totally unrelated - i.e. you can have any combination of wired/wireless broadband with wired/wireless LAN access. Many people seem to confuse the two. If the laptop is wireless enabled then it probably makes sense to use a wireless router for convenience regardless of the nature of the broadband delivery. eircom are far from the most competitive for ADSL (phone line based) broadband as far as I know. See here for more options:

Key Post: Broadband packages & availability - check here if shopping around

Back