Best areas in Clonsilla, Dublin 15

micro

We're thinking of buying in Clonsilla. Estates which seem nice are Mount Symon, Castlefield, Sorrell Park, Limelawn, Charnwood and Shelerin. I know several of these were built by the same builder and the build quality is pretty good.
I have seen a few threads on these estates but they are a few years old.
Does anyone have any opinions on them- good, bad, indifferent?
I'm particularly concerned about the safety of the areas as my partner works away quite often.
I am familar with Castleknock but I think that could be slightly out of our current price range.
Thanks in advance!

Mount Symon

I'm in Mount Symon and it's a great location, near the Blanchardstown Centre, lots of gyms, the train, allotments and playground in Beech Park. Houses are of good quality - I don't hear my neighbours! and come in either 3 beds or 4 bed houses. Touch wood we've never had any trouble whatsoever and are living there over 5 years. Happy hunting!

have a friend who lives in Mount Symon and it seems very nice and quiet. very handy for the train station and the bus/nitelink.

I currently live in Clonsilla and the estates are lovely and well looked after. Most if not all have residents associations and the village has everything you need, as well as being close to the train station and shopping centre. I have lived here 7 years and have had no issues. I am looking to move but only to a bigger detached house. Feel like it's a great time to move given current house prices, despite the interest rate increases that will hit us soon. The stamp duty cut has make the houses even more afforable. Good luck!

Back