Best airport to get to Munich

collieb

Staying in Munich in June and wondering if anyone has experience of whether i would be better off flying Ryanair to Baden (Stuttgart) or Frankfur (Hahn), in terms of ease to get to train station in Stuttgart or Frankfurt from those airports, plus lenght of time to Munich

Actually, I've answered this myself..far better to get Aer Lingus direct to Munich when there isn't that much a difference compared to Ryanair, and no 4 hour train journey in between!

also check out ryanair's prices to Salzburg which is 2 hours by train from Munich.

by the way the airport in Baden Stuttgart is an hour west of Stuttgart, about 3 hours from Munich.

Munich airport is about an hour (maybe it was 40-50 minutes) outside Munich itself by u-bahn. I can't remember the frequency, but it is pretty regular, and there are two different lines serving the city centre from the airport so there shouldn't be any major delay in getting in.

z

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the tickets from the remote (non-Munich) airport.

I would suggest flying to Munich. EI have reasonably good fares there normally.

You also get to avoid the Ryanair queue system in Dublin by flying EI - just walk into the terminal, key in your booking code, select your seat, get your boarding card and away you go past the Ryanair queue. If Ryanair ever get around to introducing self check-in (what, and lose all the excess luggage opportunities ?) I would be likely to chose them, but until then . . .

z

Back