Best Age for kids for Disney/Florida

tosullivan

Myself & the missus are trying to think when is the best age for kids to go to Disney, Florida.

Want to make sure they are of a decent height to get on most of the rides.

Anyone know what the heights of most of the US rides are at? Anyone been and any comments appreciated.

Thanks

forty inches is the standard height for nearly all rides -there are some quite scary sickening rides for which more height is required.

Also - what are the ages ?? if the kids are very young -two or three - then much of the great cost of a florida disney holiday is somewhat wasted.
My long experience of sending families to disney suggests that four onwards is fine, though doubtless someone else will add their two year greatly enjoyed Disney world.

Going to Disney -and Universal, though I'd add a year or so for the great attractions there - means you really must properly study all aspects of the holiday beforehand.

It'll save time, anxiety and money when you're there if you've read the guides beforehand, whether on the internet or through the annually renewed travel books on Orlando attractions.

Good luck!

right now they are 10 and nearly 8, but looking at the big rides and since its just gonna be a once in a lifetime trip I'd nearly think the youngest be about 13?

Then ,unless they're short for their ages there should be no problem on height - nor on enjoying most of the resorts. In fact they may be getting too old for the magic kingdom. Many parents told me that their kids ,especially the boys, approaching teens found the Magic Kingdom a bit babyish.
Assuming you're going in school hols I'd go in early june before heat, humidity and rain get too much, though people have enjoyed orlando at any time.

disney advice

Hi, As much as I enjoy this forum I would suggest also registering with Tripadvisor.com. It was a great help to us when we went back in 2000. Our son was 17 at the time so it would be hard to advice you as your kids are a lot younger. If I were to offer any advice it would be to have an itenary before you go and purchase your park tickets accordingly. We met families that purchased their park tickets on the day for the day instead of getting the disney MAGIC YOUR WAY tickets which will save you in the long run. Same applies to universal islands of adventure and universal studios. If you are going to Orlando for two weeks you would need to take a day off from the parks in between as we went to one or the other 13 days out of 14 and ended up exhausted, You will probably go to a disney or universal park, Sea world or Wet and wild or Busch gardens at 09.00 am and find you are heading out the gate at 21.00 pm.

the idea would be to go for about 3 weeks nearly, but I would rather they were in their teens to get the best from the parks.

The biggest height restriction is 54" (4'6") which is about a 10-year old. After that, they can go on all the big rides in all the parks (Isalnds of Adventure probably has the most 'big' rides). Your kids are probably past the 'magical' age for Disney where just being there is the biggest thrill so you're probably right to leave it now until they are at least 10 so they can go on all the rides - nothing worse for the younger child than watching the older one go on all the fun stuff. Maybe go when the younger one is 11 so you can still get a child's airfare - 11&13 would be great ages to go.

We went this year with a 10 yr old who went on everything . We met with friends. One was 8 yr old also went on most rides. Both are botys . Google for guides to Orlando thme parks as this will give you height restrictions. Enjoy