Best accountancy software

Bonafide

I would be grateful if I could have a few suggestions for an Financial Accounts package for a medium/large size Co. with FX account capabilities.

We are currently running on Sage Line 100 and our IT suppliers are pushing Sage MMS (but they are a Sage provider). I was wondering what alternatives there are out there for similar size company software.

I would love to hear any suggestions - particularly from those who have used Line 100/MMS and another package as to which was best.

mind you i might be a little biast....you could also look into Exchequer Enterprise. Most systems of that size should handle fx as standard

I mean that I am linked to the company behind Opera in Ireland.....so to counteract I also mentioned/recommended the other similar sized application.

Other than that I will not be pushing Opera more than the others. (I have worked with both. Opera as a consultant, and Exchequer as a user)

Thanks for that. Has anyone used all systems or two of the above?

How do they compare in terms of speed, how user-friendly etc..

Your best bet would be to get someone from Sage, Exchequer, Pegasus and possibily Access Accounting to come out and give you a demo and a price.

From my experience they are all pretty similar, with only a few minor difference between them. All are very user friendly, and easy to use. If you see all of them in operation you may discover you prefer the look and feel of one more than the other.

Also one might be more suited to your type of company (i.e. have a particularly good stock module, with full tracability etc).

Apologies if I have left out other possible systems, but as Bonafide's current supplier is pushing them to Sage MMS, I took the assumption of a certain size of application and discounted the smaller applications such as Mind Your Own Business, etc

You are correct in your assumption Bruce Wayne. It is a middle to large size company. We had a stock database designed and a stand alone payroll system that we are happy with so that is not an issue, just accounts production, creditors and debtors.

access accounting will probably be too much for your requirements then. The others should be a runner, and can be bought by the module....i.e. you only buy and pay for what you need (nominal, purchases and sales).

Also they should all be able to provide a automatic link between your payroll and accounts systems.

Best of luck in your search

We moved from Sage Line 100 to Exchequer Enterprise last October. Had been with Line 100 for years but what swung it for us was the reporting functions in Exchequer & the fact that we knew the provider as the were our network support provider for a number of years (Line 100 was supported by a different company). We looked closely at MMS too but felt Exchequer best suited our needs & we haven't regretted the decision so far.

The guy who does my accounts swears by Sage. He does the accounts for various sized companies (mine being as small as it gets) & I know he pushes them that way. Ended up buying a copy & it's seems grand.

Back