Best 7 Seater?

JMR

Simple question………
What is the best 7 seater vehicle around?
Need to fit 2 child seats plus room for 2 older kids (teens).
This is a car which would primarily be driven by my wife who has never driven anything bigger than a Nissan Micra and likes the feel of the small car with all round good visibility.
I would prefer not to buy anything older than 2005 and would rate comfort / reliability over speed / power

Any suggestions?

the ford galaxy seens to be the best all rounder, nice looking not so bulky and roomy

I have heard from 2 different people that the galaxy is heavy on juice even the diesel.

my partner has a 05 one 1.9 diesel has never given a days trouble , i dont find the fuel heavy, but car to car can vary. i dont know the exact fuel consumption.
ive never driven the vw or seat models

Ford SMax but see other threads for some infuriating details such as no spare tyre! and lights that stay on even when the ignition is off.

Honda Stream import- have had a 2003 model for 2 years and it's great. Automatic, all leather, electric everything, lots of space, comfy. Hope to keep it for another 10 years!

I would highly recommend the Hyundai Trajet. Had one for five years. Very reliable and comfortable. Mrs. Sparkrite was initally aprehensive about driving such a "large" car but this very quickly disappeared and she loved driving it.

Loads of them about, so they can't be too bad. :)
Also great value, compared to other makes/models.

Back