Best 2nd Coupe for <15k

SkippyOD

I'm looking to buy a 2nd-coupe next year and am in the process of saving for it now. I'm hoping to have 10k savings and will take out a loan for the rest.

Price aside I would love the Audi A5 (one can only dream! ) but that will have to wait for a few more years. After that possibly an Audi TT.

I will be 29 and have 8 years no-claims bonus so feel I can go for 2l or larger as my insurance should still be manageable (i.e. <1.2k).

Volks EOS has got some very good reviews, but any other suggestions would be appreciated?

It depends.....you won't get a VW Eos for that money. Besides that's a convertible not a coupé.

Alfa GTV - stunning looks. Regular maintenance essential. Good fun to drive.
BMW 3 series. Avoid (most) 4 pot engines though. Common as muck though with a dodgy image.
Ford Puma. Small but 1.7 litre models are a laugh a minute. Low running costs.
Honda Integra or Prelude. Image is bad. Avoid white.
Hyundai. More show than go.
Mazda. Loads of choice. MX5 is great but a bit "hair dressers". RX7 - wacky and pricey to run.
Nissan. 200SX. Under rated. Rwd. Turbo charged. Getting old however. Go for a "Touring" model.
Peugeot. 406. Pretty as hell. Not great performance in 2.0 petrol though.
Porsche. Some options for older cars. 944 maybe?
Toyota, MR2 and Celica. Both very capable cars.
Volvo C70. Some earlier ones at your budget. Big car.

I wouldn't dismiss a hot hatch either. Golf GTI, Focus ST.....

Thanks RS2K for a great summary.

I am edging towards the 3 dr Golf GTI, which provides just about everything I'm looking for.

A couple of reviews I read over the weekend mention that the BMW 135 M Sport coupe is the best car BMW have produced in years. New models are way above my price limit at the minute but I could see myself stretching another 10k in a year if that brings me close.

Any info on this model?

BMW is fine. rwd etc. Big engine.

Golf GTI is a good choice. Loads about. Get DSG gearbox if you can. My fav. is a white 3 door. One of the few cars that looks best in white.