Best 2.0litre diesel car

Kmac

Could any advise me what the best 2.0 litre diesel car on the market is??? (max 5years old)

Audi v BMW?
others?

I curently have a 2004 A4 1.9tdi (the newer model has a choice of 1.9tdi 110bhp or 2.0tdi 140bhp). A guy in the trade told me that they is a good choice of 2 to 5 year old ones around so you should get one at a pretty good price. I previously had a BMW 3 series. If I had the choice and the money I would go for the BMW. It is a fantastic car that looks great, particularly the previous model. The A4 is also a great car its just that the BMW is that bit better. You will pay that bit more though.

I had a 2004 A4 1.9tdi quattro sport and bought a 2005 BMW 320d sport. The audi is not very smooth going up through the gears at all, very jumpy (something to do with torque!) but the bmw is very smooth accelerating. The BMW is much smoother on Irish roads aswell. In terms of build quality, I would defo go for the audi, its just got a better finish inside in terms of buttons, dash, extra's etc. For example, the BMW has no cup holder!! In my opinion the BMW sport looks much better than the Audi sport. All in all, its hard to say! if I was doing it again I'd probably punt for the BMW, its more expensive but better engine and smoother ride.

buy a rover 75 connooisseur cdti . same bmw engine as 320d but much better looks and spec for a fraction of the price.

Back