Bertie on the Late Late Show

Slash

Not only was he on the LLS, but I've just had to endure his waffle this morning on the BBC and Sky News.

If he becomes President of Ireland, I am emigrating!

Bertie still doesnt seem to get public opinion. Surely to goodness he's not going to get the president position is he? I found his attitude on Friday insulting to be honest.

It looks like he's going for President. After all that's come out about him, you'd think he'd lie low, but no - for him it's a book launch, a column in the NOTW and any otehr chance to keep his mush in the public mind. You have to say, he has a neck like a jockey's proverbial.

Maybe the appeal of the President's job is the prospect of yet another rent-free "gaff". As this would be funded by the taxpayer, at least he wouldn't have to go scrounging for dig-outs.

Personally I wish the presidential election was this year as I'm sure he would be anihilated if he ran. Unfortunately I don't have as much confidence that people will be as angry with him in 2 years time, I hope I'm wrong! Would dearly love to see him run and get his comeuppance in a disastrous vote, maybe that would wipe the smirk off his face and get the message home that he is not the darling of the people that he still seems to think he is.

I cannot believe he has the nerve to run for President. I also felt like throwing up when I saw him beaming out of the newspapers with his millionaire daughters grinning away beside him while the rest of us pay for the mess he has created.

Not only was he on the LLS, but I've just had to endure his waffle this morning on the BBC and Sky News.

If he becomes President of Ireland, I am emigrating!

I would actively campaign for whoever runs against him.

He couldn't look Ryan Tubridy straight in the face during interview, I'm not surprised that he has to keep looking into the distance

Unfortunately nearly 50% of people have below average intelligence. The Late Late audience may be slightly higher judging by the cackles of laughter for every utterance that fell from his crooked lips.

He couldn't look Ryan Tubridy straight in the face during interview, I'm not surprised that he has to keep looking into the distance

sure Ryan FF Tubridy was acting like he was interviewing a cross between santa and the pope, what annoyed me most is that the audience were laughing etc

i hope his book is a flop

...the cackles of laughter for every utterance that fell from his crooked lips.

great turn of phrase!

I also would do whatever I could (up to and including minor misdemeanors) to ensure he didn't make president.

Personally I wish the presidential election was this year as I'm sure he would be anihilated if he ran.

I am not so sure about that. 400 people turned up at the bookshop to buy "de book" and get it signed by Bertie. There are still a lot of people who hold him in high regard. There's no accounting for taste.

I love bertie and think he's lovely, soft and cuddly. A cheeky rouge too!

Can't wait to get out and buy his wonderful book. Thanks to our dear eternal leader (as I like to call him), I have all my Christmas presents sorted out - a copy of bertie's book for all my friends.

I do hope he doesn't have to pay any nasty tax on it either. With any luck he'll benefit from the artists' exemption scheme.

.. the cackles of laughter for every utterance that fell from his .. lips.

Anyone else read this at the weekend ?

[broken link removed]

I was really surprised at how well received he was by the audience - they only just stopped short of giving him a standing ovation. People have very short memories and the likability factor goes a very long way.