Berlin Hotel

BCPK

Hi,
My parents are visiting Berlin in early September. I want to book the a nice hotel which is easy to get to from the airport but also quite close, walking distance, to historic areas I don't know berlin at all so pardon my ignorance. Is there one district in particular I should be looking at?
Thanks,
Bernard

I have stayed in the Park Inn Alezander Platz and would recommend it. It's central, modern and reasonaably priced.

I agree with this recommendation. The Park Inn is right beside a S-Bahn and U-Bahn station and within easy walking distance of Unter den Linden and the Brandenburg Gate. The upper floors have some great views over the city.

Alexanderplatz is in the former East zone which is less "main street anywhere" than the West Berlin area.

Also, you can get a train directly to the Park Inn from the Airport. I've stayed there. Perfect for what you are looking for. In old East Berlin so plenty of history

thanks all. Checked it out and looks good but no availability for the dates I'm looking for!! sod's law!

Stayed in the Westin Grand , gorgeous hotel which at times offers competitive rates.

BCPK, check if there's something else around Alexander Platz.

The other areas I would recommend are Tiergarten, Mitte and Potsdamer Platz.

They're all central and beautiful.

Generally the quality of the hotels in Berlin, and Germany in general, is quite good as long as you stick to 3*** or over.

Thanks all! Availability was becoming an issue around mitte so decided the push the boat out and booked the Regent Hotel for parents, they deserve a little luxury. Location looks good, walking distance to alot of the main sites. Thanks for all your tips!