BER fees?

sydthebeat

Im interested in finding out what people have been quoted for BER certs??

Particularly in the 'one-off' rural market. Was there any extras??? How much detail did you need to gather on the build??? was there any unforeseen extras involved??

Hi sydthebeat,

got a quote from dublin based energy auditors over the internet and it was approx E600. I'm in rural area and have heard of figures of E300 to E350 being bandied about. The architect's office we use have an in house engineer, he has done a BER course and he is quoting E600 for the energy audit. We are going to have it done and will be talking to him next week - I presume the E600 includes everything. Hope this is of some help.

Angela59

Thanks angela59, ... i have had quotes around the 300 - 350 mark as well....

is there any 'extras' as such with your quote?? will they do an initial preliminary BER before construction starts??

You may need to pay for somebody to perform an airtightness test. This may improve the rating you get and will be needed if you are installing mechanical ventilation and/or heat recovery

Hi Sydthebeat,

I'll be talking to our engineer who is a BER assessor also - at the moment there aren't any extras - I hope not at E600 for carlow area. Yes he will do the audit before construction starts from looking at the plans - better now than when half way through construction - also he will point in direction of heat source but have decided on HRV, wood pellet 80% decided and solar linked into UFH also but will take on board what engineer says - will let you know how I get on.