BenQ Projector MP610 - to buy or not to buy?

vladamir

I am thinking of buying this projector, I dont know very much about these things but I have been looking at a few different ones now for a while - this is the sort of price range I'm in really. Can anyone advise if it is good or bad?

[broken link removed]

vladamir said:
I am thinking of buying this projector, I dont know very much about these things but I have been looking at a few different ones now for a while - this is the sort of price range I'm in really. Can anyone advise if it is good or bad?

[broken link removed]

Haven't seen an authoritative review of this one, although Home Cinema Choice have some reviews of other Benq DLP Video Projectors including the [broken link removed] and the [broken link removed], which are quite good, especially if the price is right!

thanks. yeah, i did a google on that projector and i couldn't find a review of it - thats really i why i asked here. the max resolution is 800x600 - which seems to be low compared to others - whereas the ansi lumens (brightness?) and the contrast appeara to be quite good for the price. to be honest i know nothing about projectors- i'd be using this for TV and DVD's- maybe a bit of playstation - does it look suitable for that? to use the projector you need a dark room? but if the ansi lumens is high enough it might be watchable with the blinds open, is that right? thanks again.

Was thinking of going down the projector path myself a while back. One thing that was high on my list was making sure it could handle 16:9 widescreen natively. More and more TV, and most DVDs are now widescreen, so it makes sense to pick a prjector to match, especially if you intend to watch movies. Also, make sure it has enough & suitable inputs for what you intend to watch.
Leo

vladamir said:
thanks. yeah, i did a google on that projector and i couldn't find a review of it - thats really i why i asked here. the max resolution is 800x600 - which seems to be low compared to others - whereas the ansi lumens (brightness?) and the contrast appeara to be quite good for the price. to be honest i know nothing about projectors- i'd be using this for TV and DVD's- maybe a bit of playstation - does it look suitable for that? to use the projector you need a dark room? but if the ansi lumens is high enough it might be watchable with the blinds open, is that right? thanks again.

You would probably be better off with a HD Ready projector if you can afford it, as the projectd screensize will be so large that you will definitely appreciate the higher res.

Some good articles on the Net e.g. here and here (although the 2nd one is aimed more at business / corporate use rather than home use).

Back