Benefits Available to Those with a Disability

Joanne

Hi,

does anyone know any websites which detail any state benefit(s) available to someone who has a disability?

Thanks for any info!

Anything useful here:

• (search for "disabled" or "disability" to fine potentially relevant documents)
  • Welfare
  • [broken link removed] (link not working right now but most likely a transient server issue)

Hi ClubMan - thanks very much for the links..!

I'll read them now. Thanks again for your help!

Was there anything in particular that was relevant to your query? Another potential source of advice and information might be a representative/lobby group any particular disability in question (e.g. Wheelchair Association, NCBI, [broken link removed] etc.) and your local .

Hi Joanne,

You might also obtain a copy of Comhairle's free booklet 'Entitlements for People with Disabilities'. It's a comprehensive booklet setting out the rights and entitlements of all in Ireland with disabilities and is written in easy-to-understand language, etc.

It is also available for visually impaired people in large print and/or in audio versions.

It's available free from your nearest Citizen Information Centre or you can [broken link removed]

Thanks again guys...!

Don't know why I hadn't thought of the 'Citizen Information Centre' - could be worth asking.

Thanks very much CMCR. I didn't know about that booklet, so I'll download it now and have a read. In fact I hadn't even heard of Comhairle before...

That's because I'm in Northern Ireland, but the person I'm enquiring on behalf of lives in the Republic. ClubMan - it's more a psychological disability which she has rather than a physical disability.

Joanne said:
ClubMan - it's more a psychological disability which she has rather than a physical disability.
Perhaps Aware or [broken link removed] or the like could advise if that's on the right track?

Back