Belgooly, Cork?

Bids08

We were recently looking at a 3 bed semi in belgooly in Cork. I personally really like the area as its close to Cork yet in Country setting. However, I was wondering, if in few years to come, we went to resell this house would it hold its value or be classed as 'being in the middle of nowhere?' :confused:

We are not in any hurry as from what everyone says we want to wait well into 2009 to try pick a bargain ;)

middle of nowhere.

It probably is being sold for a lot of money and i personally can tell you there is no hope of a second hand house selling there for even 2/3rds of what you were paying now. Well thats my gut.
There are lots of similar places - Granagh comes to mind so i think i a years time you will ahev your pick of new builds!

When the market eventually becomes "normal" again in my view Belgooly is a nice spot both near Cork and Kinsale. I feel some of the new houses may have been built on land whichpreviously was prone to flooding so you should carefully check this out. Obviously if on high ground you are ok!!

I have a friend who is living in Belgooly. His family is already there since 2000; according to him they always relocating but since they stayed there his parents became satisfied with their daily life; the place is such a lovely village. The only problem they encountered is dereliction in some areas.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

All the development in Belgooly seems to have happened on the 'water' side of the road so Flooding could be a concern in years to come. That said, I put a base in for a house there a few years back and the ground conditions seemed fine then. Location wise I think its excellent, convenient to Cork and Kinsale. Traffic on the Airport Hill though..

too far out from City. In current climate and with hope of making capital appreciation, you should only consider 'good' areas in the City.

My Sis lives in one of those new builds in Belgooy. Loves it out there but spends most of her time in Kinsale. The locals are fierce proud of the place and the village is spotless. Apparently the water out there is extremely hard and can distroy a washing machine in 12 months. I dont think it would be considered in the middle of nowhere. People priced out of Kinsale generally move out in that direction. Also there is not much for sale out there compared to Riverstick.

if in few years to come, we went to resell this house would it hold its value or be classed as 'being in the middle of nowhere?' :confused:
I can't see it keeping its value any better or any worse than a house in Kinsale or Carrigaline.

Thanks for all the comments lads, i quite like the area, ie country seting yet close enough for me to kinsale and Cork City (lets worry about the price of a taxi home after a night out some other time lol) The way things are at the moment we are still defo gonna keep our ear out for properties there but might wait a few months to see if prices will reduce more etc (fingersw crossed anyway!!)
Thanks again :)

Know the area pretty well is a great place to live, excellent facilities nearby, carlton leisure and actons, beaches, restaurants and many coffee shops in Kinsale. Also great country walks and excellent local primary school. Would nt consider Belgooly as being in the middle of nowhere as is close to city and coast. Good Luck!

Back