Belgian abbey and trappist beers

Protocol

I am interested in Belgian beers, especially abbery and trappist beers, like

Westmalle
Orval
Rochefort

Duvel

etc., etc.

Has anybody any suggestions where I could buy or drink these beers in Dublin or Galway?

In Galway, I guess the Vineyard may be the place to go.

In Dublin, I would imagine you have many more options, never look out for the stuff myself, so can't say who would definitely stock same.

mchughs in kilbarrack and clontarf and redmonds in ranelagh are two of the better off-licences around, there's also a very good one in the back of the centra on westland row (not certain they stock those exact beers but they do have a good selection) the spar on merrion row may also have them.

I second McHughs - great selection and great staff. Or try
[broken link removed].

my OH loves trying different beers & likes McCabes in Blackrock as they have a good selection - they definitely stock Duval & Westmalle . For drinking in Dublin, the Porterhouse has a selection of trappist beers - the Rochefort 10 with its high alcohol content means it'll be an early night for him if he has a couple of those!! :)

I would also recommend realbeers.ie great company and excellent service.
Also odd bins off-licences stock a wide range of beers as well

Leffe beer is available here through Dunnes or a good off licence, speaking of which teh Vineyard is no longer in Galway (or it has moved and I don't know where it went to!!!)

Leffe beer is available here through Dunnes or a good off licence, speaking of which teh Vineyard is no longer in Galway (or it has moved and I don't know where it went to!!!)

Mea culpa-it's been 2 or 3 years since I was last in the Vineyard.

Back