Belgard Downs Douglas Cork

Woodie37

Hi there

Hoping someone can help me. I am considering a house in Belgard Downs Rochestown/Douglas and would appreciate any comments.

I realise the houses are not the most modern but I like the location because of it's proximity to Douglas. I have looked at duplexes in Maryborough Hill but don't really like the thought of living in a huge sprawling estate no matter how nice the houses are.

Any help would be really appreciated

Last edited:
I think Belgard Downs is a lovely area. The houses are quite small, although I know some have extended out the back. In some of them the traffic noise is quite loud so that is something to be mindful of - but the location is fantastic; short walk to good restaurants, pubs, shops, etc. Plenty of parking. A friend of mine is living there and says she has absolutely no complaints about the area except that it can sometimes take a few minutes to get out of the estate when traffic is heavy (particularly turning left). Daft currently has a house on from that estate guided at €320,000 which is interesting as I know that a similar house in the estate was sold in the region of €365,000 not six months ago. But perhaps there is a lot of work to be done on this house or perhaps they are trying to "reel" viewers in... Or perhaps it's a bargain!

as already stated very nice area. if you have to travel to work there is heavy traffic in the area from 8 onwards aand likewise in the evenings. i suppose whereever you go you will have this problem. wish you well.