Belfast

kcb

Making first trip to Belfast in the new year.

Any recommendations for:
- good place to eat, indian or good italian or place with a good steak
- nightlife for a couple
- shopping
- daytime sightseeing / hanging about

I pop to Belfast every now and again, so I am not a local but....

Cathedral Quarter is quite nice for a drink - visit the bar in the Merchant Hotel (old bank building now boutique hotel) The Cloth Ear pub next door and there is a nice Tapas bar over the street. Nicks warehouse is a good place to eat on Hill ST, across from Merchant Hotel. Over looking City hall there is a place called ther Apartment - casual eatery. Don't go to Deanes - over piriced and snobby. Had a nice slightly up-market meal at this place James Street South Restaurant £100 for 2. Near QUB on Botanic Ave there are a few nice Italians.

Shopping, well there's the new Victoria Sq shopping centre with House of Fraser, but the Lisburn Road is the place to find interesting small shops, boutiques, coffee bars - dont know if many of these will last into the New Year though.

Tours of City Hall are interesting, but look up Tourist Office website and you can see what takes your fancy.

On the way back from Belfast there's a place called the outlet. It's on the left hand side, you can't miss it. The female half of the couple will like it, from my experience.
Last time I was there was about a month ago and they were offering euro for pound exchange rates. Mens suits were 100 euro for good brands with free shirt and tie, and 120 euro for two (suits) for unkonwn brands that looked ok. Cheap place

Back