Belfast - special hotel

lz1

Can anyone advise a special hotel inBelfast?
Its out 10th wedding anniversary and 40th birthdays as well.

Thanks

I would recommend the Culloden Hotel part of the Hastings Hotel Group www.hastingshotels.com/.

I stayed here for 4 weeks for work and it was just lovely. Got a good corporate rate thankfully - mind you the job paid for it! Breakfast is excellent you could have about 10 courses although you could be waiting a bit for the fry up as they cook it fresh for everyone. Beds are turned down every night with water and a mini muffin left by your bed side. Flat screen tvs. Very relaxing lounge area - big comfy couches.I tried out the spa too which was pretty good but not the best I've been too. It's a bit out from town on the Bangor road - near the village of Hollywood which has some nice restaurants - but the train station is right next door and I mean that and there is a regular train service into the city. I found the staff lovely and very helpful. Food was very good in the hotel but not the best if it came to your room. There is a beautiful sea front walk near by.

I also had stayed in the Ramada at shaws bridge for a number of weeks and would not recommend it at all. Rooms weren't the cleanest, food was very poor and staff with the exception of one or two were not a bit nice.

Back to the Culloden it is a bit pricey but you may be able to pick up a good deal I say a few advertised in a paper while up there but they were promoting it the us in the south. cannot remember the name of the paper sorry.

I have no ties to this hotel just had a very nice stay.

Passed the Culloden last week and it looks very impressive and so are the prices.
We stayed out in Bangor in the Marine Court Hotel which was nice, but for something special, the Culloden would have to be it. Although I noticed a lot of construction work as you enter the grounds so hopefully its not that noisy there

Hilton if you want City Centre, otherwise the Culloden. I've stayed in at least 10 hotels in Belfast and these two stand way above the rest.

If you're prepared to go 30 miles outside Belfast, the Slieve Donard Hotel is really impressive since the latest renovation.

I also had stayed in the Ramada at shaws bridge for a number of weeks and would not recommend it at all. Rooms weren't the cleanest, food was very poor and staff with the exception of one or two were not a bit nice.

Have to disagree. I have stayed at the Ramada, plenty of times and really couldn't fault it with the exception of the location. Rooms are also a little smaller than I would be used to but I have seen a lot worse.