Beko TV Sound but no picture

sue m

Just turned my Beko TV to discover that there is no picture but sound. It was working up until a few hours ago! Any ideas or will i be taking a trip to the sales tm?

You could also try changing the channel / switching it on and off completely.

Also - the dummy question

Are you sure you didn't press the mute button?

Tried the scart lead but still no joy. Even tried a new scart lead! looks like i will have to do with tv for a while!

This is also a dumb sugesstion but anyways, check your contrast and brightness. Sometime one can sit on the remote control by accident or it can get lodged in the sofa.

Assuming all the connnectins are OK then it seems likely that there may be a board gone in it-my LCD had the same symptoms and cost me 250 to fix. Common enough problem. If not under warranty, perhaps pest to buy new one in Tesco -32 inch for 399!HD ready too!
Also - the dummy question

Are you sure you didn't press the mute button?
Guys what role does the mute button play in picture???? I will have a one of those drinks please!

A similar (ish) problem we had - the picture would come on for a few minutes - then it would go to sound only. A new power adapter fixed the problem (its only been 2 weeks). It cost 90 euro though!! Might get one cheaper though. Don't just get any old one - there are loads of different ones for different tvs and voltages.