being able to print - wireless

oscarbandit0

I have a brother printer - MFC620CN. A dell laptop and an old dell pc. Plus we just got eircom broadband.

I there anyway - not to complicated that I can print from the lap top to the printer?

Is the eircom broadband box a router or just a type of modem?

Thanks for your help.

yes you can. Set the old lap top up as a server and attach it to the printer. Set it up as a local printer. ensure network settings allow printer sharing.

Then on your other computer set up an other local printer but use a path that prints to the old printer (use create a new port \\dell(or whatever dell is called on network)\whatever printer is called in dell computer.

It depends whether you can connect the brother printer to the network

If you can do this you would of been given a network cable

Look at the manual

On my brother their is a network configuration screen where you enter your wireless passcode

the printe connects to the eircom router and when i'm connected to the router I can print so if you can connect the printer to the router you should be able to print

I doubt if my printer has a wireless connection built in. I can connect it to a network alright. Can I get something (wireless attachment) to link it to eircom broadband modem. I would love to set up old dell computer as a server as a back up. I don't have any network plug points in the house.