Beer taps on tables for customers to help themselves?

It was possible to evade this. About 8 months ago I was there on a work night out that I had organised. They tried to insist on my card being used but I refused. Too easy for people to abuse and not easy to find out who had what later. Somebody else put up a card but it was that or just use the bar like normal.

How do you stop other drunk people from using your beer pump, and stealing your beer? - Do you have to babysit the pump all night?

How you you stop other people drinking your pint at the moment? Do you babysit it all night?!

How do you get the money out of your (drunk) companions at the end of the night to pay your credit card? Can just imagine the arguments that could cause.

How you get your mates to buy their round at the moment?!

How you get your mates to buy their round at the moment?!
When their drinks run out, and no one is buying the next round they generally buy a round. With the 'help yourself' system, the drink never runs out. At the end of the night you'd be stuck with arguing who drank what, especially if it's only casual acquaintances.

A couple of girls in our group commented that in their glorious youth when they were broke all the time they definitely would have used their charms to get free booze off guys OR tried to nip a pint off here and there when no one was babysitting the tap.