Beechfield, Clonee...?

A

ans

Looking at houses in the general Clonee area. Looked at two in particular in Beechfield estate. Just wondering what this estate is like?

Both houses have been advertised for some time, not sure what to read into that... is it that others know something I dont or simply because houses everywhere are slow to sell?

All replies greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

im looking in beechfield as well and would really appreciate some advice on the area ..
im not mad on the dulpexes situated at the entrance but i could get over that if I managed to purchase one of the lovely 4 bed houses!

It's not really as simple as "it's a good area" or "it's a bad area". You need to take a look at both houses, see what they are like, and most importantly, where they are located in the estate.

In general, Clonee has a pretty high number of rental properties although I think this number is beginning to fall. Rental properties can bring their own issues to an area as everyone knows. There's a lot of houses in the area (thousands) and this might put some people off. Personally I think you can be lucky and get a well positioned house, not much overlooked and in a quiet cul-de-sac, or you could get a house close to the entrance to a large estate, have parking and traffic problems, be overlooked and have kids hanging around the place.

You need to decide what would bother you and what would not. Lots of people would say Castleknock is a nicer place to live in D15, but again it all depends on where. I've seen houses off Auburn Ave that are cramped, tiny, little parking space and kids hanging about the place for €100k more than a better house in Clonee. Personally I don't see there as being any different to much of Clonee, but some people might.

Beechfield does have those duplex apartments which I'd not be wild about either, so check the situation with them as regards parking and so on.

the only prob is that if u wished to sell ur small, cramped house in castleknock in the future, u cud/would always get a buyer..

Ahh Clonee Dublin 15, I was renting 70 Beechfield Heights about two years ago, only good thing about the estate is its new and nice thats from the outside, I rented a town house, the walls are paper, I mean i could here next door using the toliet and taking and running the bath, there was a lot of non nationals living in the estate, playing loud africian music till all hours, garda don't really care, I bought my first house in Laois just two years now and its going pretty well. I would not consider buying a house in Beechfield but thats my expierience anyway, I was living in Beechfield for two years before the move, im sure there is better built houses on the market

ALso forgot to say if there is a big party of non nationals you'll be lucky to park in your own parking space if its on street parking. Actually you'll be lucky to find a space at all in front of your house, im not sure about them 4 beds maybe they are better or maybe not

the only prob is that if u wished to sell ur small, cramped house in castleknock in the future, u cud/would always get a buyer..

Are you looking to buy a house to live in or sell???? It's not harder to sell a house in Clonee than Castleknock, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. You'll sell a house for more in Castleknock than in Clonee, but you'll have paid more to buy it in the first place.

It backs up my point though. Do you want a small house in Castleknock for more money, or a bigger house in Clonee for less? Depends on your preferences - there's no right or wrong answer.