Bed with TV compartment

helan72

Hi,

I saw a bed in m&s recently that had a compartment in the end of it so that a tv could be installed / hidden away in it. It appeared to be remote control.

has anyone seen anything like this anywhere else?

thanks

Helan

I saw it on The Osbornes!! Sharon and Ozzie lying in bed with a ridiculously big TV that slid from a hidden compartment at the end of the bed...but suspect this is not what you meant...

Thanks for the link gnubbit -

Not quite up to the osbornes standard but the same principle i suppose.

Basically we dont want the tv on the wall or on view all the time - we were thinking about looking for one of those cabinets that the TV rises up from and putting that at the end of the bed but then I spotted the bed in M&S and thought that it would be a better solution.

Here's a much better one . . . . I have asked Santa for one of these [broken link removed]

I saw the same one in M&S in Dundrum. I remember looking at it thinking it was a great idea, then looking at the price (around €4,000 for a 5 ft) and thinking what a rip off it was! It doesn't even include the TV by the look of it.

You could buy a similar bed for €1,000 - €1,500 without the gadget.

It could be trouble if you lost the remote - getting the tv to pack away?

Universal remote from Lidl or the likes would do. Am convincing Mr. V to do this himself- ie make a cabinet with a motor hiding the TV etc.

the cost of the one in M&S is the reason i am looking for alternatives - the OH would be fairly handy round the house but dont think i could put up with the time it would take him to - plan it, do the drawings, source the materials, build the prototypes and then leave all the items in the shed for several years till he had the time to do it!!!!

LOL. Sounds familiar, plus I'm on my own with the kids for as many weekends as it takes himself to do it. Some things are worth it but agree you have to know where to draw the line.

As its so expensive would you not consider an alternative such as enclosing the telly in a section of the wardrobe if that's an option. Absolutely mad money.