Bed too big - door won't close

newhome

Need help!
Just bought a new bed but the door won't close now with the new bed in it. (It's quiet a small room)

Any ideas on what i can do?

Thanks

Re: Bed too big - door wont' close

Can you move it around at all? Ie, put it somewhere else in the room? We had the same kind of scenario, the wardrobe doors couldn't open where we wanted it so we put it lengthways - from the window.

You could buy a smaller bed

Rehang the door to open out instead of in?
Yeah - the convention for doors seems to be to hang them so that when they open they "close off" the room which seems to have been designed for privacy but ends up taking up more space than hanging them the other way. We had most of ours hung the other way in order to reduce the space taken up by the door as it swept open. It might work for you too.

I think the convention of doors generally opening inwards into a room is for safety also. Very easy to hit somebody with doors opening outward!
Maybe a sliding door would be the solution!

I'm not talking about a door opening outward - I'm talking about it being hung on the opposite side to normal and still opening into the room.

You can also get doors that fold in the middle- ie back on themselves- mainly used in caravans but could work for you. Keep the old one to hang when you are selling though- they dont look great!

You could try one of these as long as you weren't too pushed on what they looked like.

[broken link removed]

J.