Bed for Back Pain

tivanagh

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knew a good place to buy a bed in Dublin/Kildare/Meath for someone suffering from back pain in the lower back. If anyone has any personal experience re prices, places where they bought and the degree of success with the bed could they let me know.

Many thanks.

I found a lot of places were recommending memory foam mattress'es or memory foam toppers. We got a pocket sprung memory foam and found it great.

Hi tivanagh,

If you have back pain, the place for you is The Back Shop, it's just off Grafton Street on Exchequer Street, they have loads of beds, pillows and chairs for Back [ain and you know you're going to a shop with people who deal with back pain.
I have no connection to the shop, just a satisfied customer!

addob

I bought a Sealy Viscount a few years ago after being in a minor traffic accident and it was the best purchase ever.

We bought a memoryfoam mattress from Zoso Agencies, 23 The Green, Larchill, Santry, Dublin 9, 087-6798106. It was a great purchase.

I bought a Kaymed Pillow-Top 2000 last year because I had terrible back pain from my old mattress. Best investment ever. It has 2000 individual springs covered by a layer of memory foam with a "pillow-top". I tried lots of beds when I was looking last year and this was the best (for me). I also thought the King Koil beds were good and their "Aspen" was my second choice. From advice I got it seems that pocket springs and memory foam combinations seemed to be good recommendations for bad backs.
There is one small down side with memory foam and that is that it can be quite a warm bed. But then again that can be an advantage in winter.
My mattress was priced at €1400 in Dublin but I ordered it from a furniture shop in Keady Co. Armagh and got it for almost €400 cheaper. They delivered and took my old mattress away as well. Patrick Collins Furniture in Belfast will deliver here as well and stock Sealy mattresses which again do a good range of pocket spring/memory foam and are far cheaper than you can buy here.
I have to say I have never once regretted spending a €1000 on a mattress and when you have back pain you'll know what I mean! One other piece of advice - spend a decent length of time lying on the mattress in the shop to get a good idea of whether it suits you or not.

Don't forget to get memory foam pillows too as they are very beneficial for correct support for your neck, which your back needs too.

I ordered my bed from www.clerysbedstore.ie and they took away the old one free of charge. Some places won't remove your old mattresses and some will charge you for it so it's worth checking out.

I bought a King Birch bed and mattress (foam core and 7cm memory layer on top) for 1000 Euro on capel Street. I can't remember the name of the shop, but he has lovely furniture and they delivered and I'm loving the bed, and I used to have a seriously dodgy back!

Sorry to veer a little off topic here... but I bought a Sealy Lakeside pocket sprung with memory foam pillow top divan last September.

It now is showing very obviously where we are sleeping in the bed. It is a 6ft and has a very defined raised area down the centre of the bed. Has anybody else experienced this?