Beckett Bridge Traffic Restrictions

candyman

Anyone know why there is no left turn onto the beckett bridge from north wall quay?

Cant get onto it from Sherriff either as there is no right turn from Sherriff onto Guild!

Is coming down custom house quay towards the O2 the only way to get onto this bridge from the northside?

Last edited:
Their convering this on Live Line on RTE radio right now.

They are saying the traffic restrictions are to direct more traffic to the toll-bridge nearby.

"Welcome to Ireland".

They're covering this on Live Line on RTE radio right now.

They are saying the traffic restrictions are to direct more traffic to the toll-bridge nearby.

"Welcome to Ireland".

Due to profoundly inept traffic planning by Dublin City Councl's "traffic engineers"

I also believe it's to make sure to keep the traffic high on the toll bridge as well

You can go turn left at the five lamps and then over the bridge. coming the other way -south to north however the first turning right is at Summerhill/North Circular Road. Can't figure out what's to be gained. People will avoid the bridge altogether if such restrictions continue.

I was little relieved to see you could turn right onto the bridge from the North Quays but was totally stunned to see you could not turn left from the the Point direction. Never ceases to amaze me how gormless our decision makers are! Complete waste of our money. The rise to power seems to be directly proportional to how well you can talk the talk rather than how well you can solve problems. That's bureaucratic Ireland for you!