Beacon south quarter v time place sandyford?

queenlex

Anyone on any thoughts on either of these two developments or how they compare to each other? Thanks,

Q

south quarter is quote dead, nicer places to spend your time than an industrial estate

I think it will look that way for a long time. Has the huge tarpaulin with the picture of a finished apartment block covering up the front of one of the unfinished blocks fallen down yet?
I supose in the long run this may be one of the projects NAMA might pay to finish off the blocks which are half built or is there still a dispute with DLR over the sewage system?

I know 3 of the architects who were working on the project, they have long since departed the country in search of other work.

Can you name the companies on the tarpaulin who have gone bust?

Last edited:
Working in Sth Quarter, having moved offices from city centre last year. Actually really love the place, but I guess that's during the day when there's a buzz about. Not sure what it's like in the evenings but from a commercial/office perspective, I'm really happy we're located there.

Yes, I wouldn't mind working there. But I think it would be a pretty lonely place to live, surrounded by empty buildings, and unsold retail outlets. I noticed, when I was having coffee there recently, that most of the customers seemed to be workers on a lunch break. I don't think there'd be much of a community spirit around.