Beacon south quarter v time place sandyford?

queenlex

Anyone on any thoughts on either of these two developments or how they compare to each other? Thanks,

Q

south quarter is quote dead, nicer places to spend your time than an industrial estate

I think it will look that way for a long time. Has the huge tarpaulin with the picture of a finished apartment block covering up the front of one of the unfinished blocks fallen down yet?
I supose in the long run this may be one of the projects NAMA might pay to finish off the blocks which are half built or is there still a dispute with DLR over the sewage system?

I know 3 of the architects who were working on the project, they have long since departed the country in search of other work.

2615898207_b4b45d9582.jpg

Can you name the companies on the tarpaulin who have gone bust?

Last edited:
Working in Sth Quarter, having moved offices from city centre last year. Actually really love the place, but I guess that's during the day when there's a buzz about. Not sure what it's like in the evenings but from a commercial/office perspective, I'm really happy we're located there.

Yes, I wouldn't mind working there. But I think it would be a pretty lonely place to live, surrounded by empty buildings, and unsold retail outlets. I noticed, when I was having coffee there recently, that most of the customers seemed to be workers on a lunch break. I don't think there'd be much of a community spirit around.

Back