Beacon Quarter, Sandyford

Ennie

Hi,
Has anyone purchased an apartment in Beacon Quarter ? I am considering buying a 2 Bed in the Cubes building, 850sq.ft. 1 car space, €530k.
How much were they when first launched ?
Are there more apartments in there to be released? Any bad stories about these ?

The apartments themselves look absolutely gorgeous and cutting edge but the fact remains that you'll still be living in an industrial estate. Traffic is horrendous (can only see it getting worse) and there are bugger all facilities. The area isn't even remotely pedestrian friendly due to the lack of pedestrian crossings and paths.

As an investment I would say absolutely not. But if you're looking to live there, drive a car and work in the area, then it might suit you.

Thanks for the comments. Yes I am planning to live there as I work nearby. The Beacon Court development looks great in general, however, I understand that there are hundreds if not thousands more apartments planned for the area of Sandyford/Leopardstown/Carrickmines, so needless to say i am nervous about the level of spend!

Would welcome any comments from existing apartment owners.??

Hi Ennie,

I've put a deposit down on a 1 bed apartment in the Rockbrook development, just down from the Beacon South Quarter. I was looking at the Beacon South Quarter but Sherry Fitz told me everything was sold out and the next launch is not until September. Have you put down a deposit yet? The area has a lot going for it such as the LUAS, access to the M50, and it's right next to Stillorgan, Dundrum, Leopardstown, Blackrock etc..

I grew up in the Stillorgan area, and my family, and extended family all live in the area so that's a huge factor for me. However, like you I'm also concerned about the level of spend. Mine's costing €410k+€25k car parking, so €435k. Anyone else bought in the area?

I live in the Stepaside Area and absolutely love the area in general. Wouldnt like to live in an industrial estate though but if you dont mind id say go with it!

Hi,
Has anyone purchased an apartment in Beacon Quarter ? I am considering buying a 2 Bed in the Cubes building, 850sq.ft. 1 car space, €530k.
How much were they when first launched ?
Are there more apartments in there to be released? Any bad stories about these ?

I bought a 2 bed in the Cubes 6 for €505k. It'll be ready in October, originally it was due to be completed in July. I think the development will be great when finished. I know the Industrial Estate is just that, but the land usage is changing - 10 years ago there used to be factories all over the place. I think the area will become more residential and provide the necessary ameneties alongside building apartments/houses. I work in Beacon Court and have to say I'm impressed with the entire Beacon development thus far.

Ennie,

Are you sure you want to do that? If it is your main residence, you should think hard about the local living environment and facilities. My view is that the density in the area is too high and I'd be concerned about social issues down the road. On the other hand, if it's for rental it's as good as any investment.

I bought one of these and have to say, the apartment is top class. When the development is finished the whole complex will be very impressive. Yes, it may be in an industrial estate but as someone mentioned, it's not exactly full of factories - mostly nice modern offices. It's 10 minutes to the LUAS and 2 miles from Dundrum so I think the location is fantastic. As for traffic - it's a fact of life in Dublin - Sandyford is the same as anywhere else - at peak times it's busy....

Back