Be aware when purchasing a lexmark x3650 printer

thedaras

Hi , I purchased a lexmark printer,it was about 50e in Dunnes.

The ink that came with it didn't last too long,but thats no surprise.

So off I go to have both the colour and black one refilled.
Heres the surprise! They couldn't be refilled!

Apparently the ones that come with the printer are basically samples and therefore cant be refilled.

I then had to buy two new cartridges (ones that can be refilled ) at a cost of over 60e!
My previous printer was about the same price but I got normal cartridges with it.
Just be aware of this if purchasing the above.

And if you buy one of the newer hp printers that take hp364 inks be prepared for poverty because they can't be filled at all!I spent €80 last month on ink and already the 3 colours are out (another €40 ish) and we have only printed about 50 sheets.

These used to come free with Dell computers, but I remember being advised not to take advantage of the free offer as it's so expensive in the long run.

i think your better off with laser jets in the long run if you do a lot of printing, you get more value for pages printed

I agree ! We got one and only printed about 10 black and white pages max and the ink was gone. Needed ink in a hurry and it cost 98euro! Unfortunately we couldn't order online due to time constraints.

I have a Lexmark x4650 (Lidl) and the black cartridge is empty. Do I have to go to a shop to find out if the cartridges can be refilled or can I tell myself?Any ideas on cheapest place to get replacements? Prices quoted through lexmark website
[broken link removed]