BCN Taxis - Barcelona

Christy

Has anyone heard of or used BCN Taxis from Barcelona airport? They look for payment in advance which is making me a bit nervous.

Thanks

Christy

Re: BCN Taxis

Any particular reason you're looking to pre-book a taxi ?

If there's not then just grab one when you arrive (they're pretty cheap) or take the train.

Looking at that site it seems they're trying to charge €55 for a normal 4 seater taxi from the airport into town ... that's a bit steep - from memory a regular cab should cost you well less than half that !

should only be 25-30 euro only just walk out the door and their there . found mine very friendly and its all metered .

I should have said in my original post, I am flying in from Cork at 21:00 with the wife and 4 young kids so we need a mini-van/bus and are traveling to Salou, so it makes it a bit more difficult. The last buses/trains seem to be around 21:00.

According to this website the cost of a taxi is 150e. Check out the website for the cheaper alternative of taking a taxi into town (you'll see a queue of them just outside the arrivals hall exit) and taking the last bus (10.30pm) to Salou although it might be a good idea to double check the times before you leave as Spain can be a bit informal when it comes to bus departure times!

I should have said in my original post, I am flying in from Cork at 21:00 with the wife and 4 young kids so we need a mini-van/bus and are traveling to Salou, so it makes it a bit more difficult. The last buses/trains seem to be around 21:00.

Last train from Barcelona to Tarragona (which is close to Salou) is 22.30 ... but you'd have to get into town to catch that ... do-able if there's no delays (BCN airport isn't far out of the city centre at all) ... quite a lot of hassle - and given you'd need a taxi into town from the airport, 6 train tickets and a taxi at the other end to Salou .. it probably wouldn't save you that much.

There apparently are buses until 22.40 from Barcelona airport to Tarragona as well - there are two different bus companies running them - details on the official airport site - [broken link removed]
- Might be a good option ... Salou is then a fairly short taxi ride from Tarragona - I don't see any mention of buses from the airport to Salou directly.

What about renting a car (if you're going for a week or less and you'll have hte same issue on the return journey it might be well be the most economical?)

Thanks for all the replies. I have looked at the bus/train option and to be honest at the time of night we are getting in at and with the kids being 2, 4, 6 & 15 it is alot of hassle to save a few euro.

Has anyone actually used BCN taxis or even heard of them?

Christy

Has anyone actually used BCN taxis or even heard of them?

No never used or heard of them ... The seem a bit pricey for sure - you could rent a car for a week nearly for what they're looking for a one way ~1hr taxi transfer .. Site looks professional and genuine and I guess if you pay your money you get what you pay for (if not just charge it back through your credit card comapny) ... However I do wonder why a Bareclona taxi site isn't in Catalan or Spanish as well as English ? It does seem a bit aimed at the tourist market exclusively shall we say - might get a better deal with proper a local company - though I wouldn't know where to look.

I guess to look at it a different way would you book a taxi transfer from Cork Airport to Kinsale on a spanish site called www.taxisaeropuertodecork.es ?

Yes, I have used Bcn taxis, and was very satisfied. Like yourself we were travelling with our 3 children therefore needed a transfer vehicle larger than a regular taxi ( or get 2 regular taxis - resulting extremely expensive!!!) Our driver spoke very good English, aswell as being polite and helpful with our extensive luggage...
I wouldn't recommend catching public transport with children as it can be quite manic..