BBC Panorama to feature Revolut safety tomorrow night

This will be worth a watch, I bet all the victims will say how bad Revoluts customer service is and how they were bounced between different agents.

#i wont be watching it if that's the nonsense they are going to have on it. You can freeze your card on the app. Apparently Jack spent 23 minute getting thru to someone to freeze it. All this after taking a scam call.

#i wont be watching it if that's the nonsense they are going to have on it. You can freeze your card on the app. Apparently Jack spent 23 minute getting thru to someone to freeze it. All this after taking a scam call.
I don't think it was his card, I think they were transfers. Still, he gave them all the access they needed.

I don't think you're understanding what happened to him, three payees being set up is mentioned, so it sounds like transfers. Freezing cards then is not relevant. 23 mins to get a hold of someone in chat is quite bad for a bank where the customer has had 165k stolen. Lax security too, with the fraudsters able to set up the app on their device.

Can't wait to watch this programme, should be very interesting.

But if I set up three new payees on AIB and tried to transfer 165k to them in the space of a few minutes, would I even be able to? I imagine they'd be blocked and I'd get a call from their fraud department asking what the hell was going on.

But if I set up three new payees on AIB and tried to transfer 165k to them in the space of a few minutes, would I even be able to? I imagine they'd be blocked and I'd get a call from their fraud department asking what the hell was going on.
Isn't there a 10k daily limit on transfers? There was on PTSB and EBS.

But if I set up three new payees on AIB and tried to transfer 165k to them in the space of a few minutes, would I even be able to?
Good point. Daily limits, but if the user has access to your account he can change this I believe.

He received a scam call. No bank security can legislate against that.
It's clearly not just a scam call. This is multi-pronged. And yes we can legislate against scam calls, this is something that the network providers should be engaged in.

All it would take is an undertaking by all banks to never contact any customer by phone or text. Never ever under any circumstances. That would solve the problem in an instant.

Back