Batton heights for Wooden Floors

• Thread starter ColinGibbons
  • Start date
C

ColinGibbons

Hi all, first post. I am building a house & putting in French Pine Flooring upstairs. I have concrete slabs upstairs & believe I will need to put down battons in order to put down the floor.
The Flooring is 22mm thick. Want to keep the battons as low as possible as I will end up trying to raise the floors in the bathrooms to keep tiles level with wood. I also want the floors to be Secret Nailed.
So my question.
What is height will the battons need to be & what length of nails will be required.
Advice, help appreciated. Tks...

Hi ColinGibbons,

Why are you putting it on battons. I presume that you do not have underfloor heating. Why not glue it down to the floor, or just glue the T & G joints.
Raising it will increase noise, and also raise you floor to a level not required.

Thanks.

Have you consider using Elastilon ? that's like a 3mm tick "underlay" for wooden floor and give a very nice flex to the floor , making it very confortable when walking bare foot and cut down on noise.

Instructions with wood packs specified that battens should be used. I assumed I had no choice. Would be very happy if I did not need to raise the floor height a lot.
Tell me more bacchus about Elastilon please. Is it easy to use, is it expensive ??