Battery for Medion Laptop

G

Guest125

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new battery for my Medion laptop. Laptop model no. MD96640 (wim2180). There are two codes/part no's on the battery, BTP-CDBM and P/N 40024625. Needless to say the Medion "helpline" were worse than useless. No sign of it in the Medion shop or any of the usual battery sites. Can anyone help please?

Last year I bought an adapter from laptop-power in the UK because I couldn't source one here for an Advent laptop. Faultless service and the product is still in daily use.

No joy with laptop power. [broken link removed] This one is tantalisingly close to mine. My one is rated at 11.1 volts,this one is 10.8 volts. All dimensions are the same but at £130 its a big gamble!! What do you think?

No thats not it. Completely the wrong shape and voltage.

No joy with either of those links either. Total disaster.... Next buy will be a Dell..

Quick update might be of some use to someone. I ended up with two batteries in the end,both are BTP-BWBM, P/N 40022955 which are slightly different to the original part numbers but both work perfectly. Both are 10.8v which is slightly lower than the original's 11.1v but I can't see any difference in performance at all. One is rated at 6600 mA/h and gives approx 2.5 hours life,the other is 7800 mA/h and gives almost 4 hours life which is fantastic!! The larger capacity battery was from here . The other I got from battery city. I hope this might help someone.

Thanks for the update caff .... I've bookmarked AkkuMarkt for future reference!

(Must brush up on my German though!)

Back