bathroom suite

AIDAN MORONE

i bought a bathroom suite at a cost of 1500 for the lot,including a whirlpool bath.when my plumber opened the cartons to measure before fitting the pieces,he noticed the cistern was cracked.i got this replaced from my supplier,foc.
when the plumber fitted the bath and ran water through it he noticed that one of the jets appeared to be leaking,i again contacted the shop who organised for a technician to come out and replace same,but it turns out that the bath itself around the jet is cracked.
when i approached the shop and explained the situation,they have come back to say that there is nothing they can do to fix this and basically its now my problem,but they will offer a bath at 300 euro.

does sound right or what should i do next

Thats a bummer, once something is fitted then its normally your problem, as installer should check everything before things are fitted, however a little crack will only shown itself after water is ran through it. I would insist on a new bath and say it was weakened around that jet, I.E. manufacturer fault. I would bring shop to small claims court if I had to.

Thats the problem, could have been guys moving it in the store room, could have happened in transit. Most plumbers i know, would know better to pick up bath by jets (as tempting as it is). If you were a cilent of ours I would approch the supplier and would be confident of a positive outcome. Does your plumbing contractor have any sway with supplier?

i have already had to replace the cistern as this was cracked when the plumber opened the box,this was replaced by my supplier no problem.when i rang him about the bath he told me that he couldnt replace it but his supplier could offer me a bath at a discount price of 300 euro

Back