Bath water drains very slowly.

ragazza

Hi,

I have an issue with my bathroom plumbing. I'm going to ring a plumber on monday (since I'm going away for the weekend), but was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on whether its a serious problem.

For the last couple of weeks, the bath has been draining very slowly - after I have a shower, it takes up to 30 mins for all the water to drain from the bath.
Then yesterday I noticed that when I run the tap in the sink, that water bubbles up the plug-hole into the bath and the bidet. The water is dirty - has black things and bits of fluff in it.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is the fix just a matter of clearing the pipes, or something more serious?

Thanks,
Ragazza.

Sound like a hairball lodged in trap. Try a clean before you call plumber and spend a fortune.

This is probably due to a build up of hair, fluff and other grime over time! You can try and clear it yourself using a plunger and plenty of hot water and washing soda.

Or there could be something in the pipes that is catching all the paper that is flushed down. The paper hardens when dry and eventually completely blocks the pipe.
In my case, it was a rubber seal in the pipes that twisted out of position and was catching everything that was flushed down.

Back