Bath blocked up.

serotoninsid

I moved into a new house a few weeks ago and the bath was functioning properly - with the water from the shower draining away freely. Now its blocked up.
I removed the 'trap/u-bend' and there didnt seem to be any obstruction. I got a bottle of drain unblocker but that has had no effect.

What should I try next?
I did see this long tube down the hardware shop thats for the purpose of clearing blockages. Would this be a good idea?

Both me and my daughter have long hair, so experience your problem quite frequently. I found Mr Muscle drain unblocker the best but have also used bicarbonate of soda or a plunger! If you've tiled recently could there be a build up of adhesive or grout in the pipe?

Call a plumber as a last resort - their expensive!!

ACA said:
I found Mr Muscle drain unblocker the best
Yeah, thats the one I used but it didnt do the trick. Went back to the DIY place and picked up that 3m tube. Forced it down the pipe and twisted it a few times - problem solved.

We found bleach to be the best solution. Then buy a hair trap...you can get one in Roches Stores or and DIY outlet. It fits into the bath/shower plughole and collects the hairs and gunk so avoiding blockages

I dont think this was hair. I mean, it had only been used a few weeks. Its more likely to have been chunks of adhesive/grout, etc - perhaps with a combination of hair/gunk - which stopped it up for good. But I did meet a bit of resistance when I forced the tube down there. I have used caustic soda in another place I stayed in - in the past and that worked well to melt away any gunk/hair blockages.

Back