Bars and Restaurants in Glasgow

LBT

Hi,

can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Glasgow?

also look for a good bar and nighclub

its for 3 girls aged from 30-40

thanks

hi lbt

there is a great place called ashton lane, off byres road in the west end of glasgow, 5 pound in a taxi at most from centre or you can hop on undergroudn and off at hillhead

on the lane there are some great restaurants and bars irish bar called jinty mcgintys, and a cool bar called brel, there is a great club around the corner called the Oran Mor it used to be a old church,

there is another called cleopatra's or clatty pats to the locals, its copper face jacks on tour

there is a lot of nice restaurants on byres road and great western road which is around the corner paparino's and if you want scottish food there is a great place called roasted bubbly jock's in Partick, again 2 mins from ashton lane in a cab

I am looking for accomodation in Glasgow, can anyone reccomend some hotels to me?
The Xpress by Holiday Inn City Riverside & Premier Travel Inn Charing Cross seem reasonable but i was hoping to get a hotel with a leisure centre and came across the Menzies anyone know anything about these hotels?

Never had to stay in the Menzies, but I can say the location is pretty good & it has generally excellent reviews on

The other 2 you mention have great locations, particularly the Holiday Inn, but will be lacking in facilities. Clean comfy rooms handy for the city & that's about it.

If you're heading to a pub, I'd strongly recommend The Drum & Monkey, just up from Central station, where Renfield Street meets St Vincents street. Plenty of comfy chesterfield couches, nice decor & good vibe.
Any amount of decent restaurants in the surrounding streets.

Thats Great thanks Jock, is it easy to get to Celtic Park from any of those hotels?

Thats Great thanks Jock, is it easy to get to Celtic Park from any of those hotels?

Aye, no bother at all.
10/15 mins in a taxi from any of them, could walk it on a nice day (but I wouldn't say it's a pleasant walk), loads of buses (61,62,63, probably others too). Basically you're going east along Argyle street then London Road.
Taxis might not drop you right outside the ground on match days, ask them to take you to the Forge Market. Only a minute's walk away & worth spending a few minutes browsing through the market anyway.

Enjoy!

Back