Barcelona Trip : Any suggestions

S

shrewd

Travelling to Barcelona on March 18th with a few friends and was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a pub/restaurant for a good night out. Cheers in advance.

In barcelona currently and having a blast. Went out last night to a truly amazing bar called La Fianna.. check it out [broken link removed] . Went there at about 10 pm and had a few lovely cocktails and sat down for a meal late as the spanish do.. quite strange that. The food was great, the venue is out of this world in that it is different with fab decor with moroccan/middle eastern interior design with sofabeds, cushions and pillows to relax on. The staff were truly very nice and friendly which is unusual for Barcelona based on my experience. Definitely worth checking out.

Heading home tomorrow and not looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday. Had a blast and truly a great city amongst cities..

If you want to Eat - go to Hoffmans. Make a reservation as they won't accept you in off the street. Its a chef school - expensive by Barcelon standard but best restarant i've ever eaten in. As for Pubs - loads of great ones. Depends what your after

There is a great pub on the Placa Reial called Pipi Club. It is BArcelona version of Kehoes. It is not advertised and you need to go up 3 flights of stairs and knock on the door to get it.

It is a really cool spot with excellent views of the square

When you come in the archway for Placa, go left (past a hostel) and up 3 flights of stairs

Enjoy

Take Bonvoyage123 advice.. that place is great.. Been to barcelona a few times and go there mostly. Good mix of people all sorts really from scandinavians, a few ex pats, loads of local spanish. It is really hard to find though so get the directions off the website [broken link removed] as it is truly worth it. They do a great brunch on sunday with lovely breakfast food (hard to get in Barcelona) and a huge variety of papers irish/english/french/spanish italian & more. Monday nights are good also as they have 2 for 1 coxtails and their Mojitos rock my world...

Stay off La Ramblas while eating - pure tourist trap rip-off.

Re: Barcelona Trip : Ref Pickpockets and thiefs

Ref Pickpockets and thiefs

True we were walking through Barcelona on saturday night and we turned when we heard some girl screaming her head off running after some dude. We gave chase but the streets are small and you can get lost quickly. Unfortunately we all did and the thief got away. Talked to my friend about this and he mentioned that this happens all the time. They target foreigners and are true experts at thieving. Be very careful when out. Do not leave your bag/wallet or possessions hanging around and when walking the street make sure you hold onto your bag even if it is over your shoulder as otherwise it will be stolen. The Spanish police are rarely ever to be seen and do not seem to care at all. Never go out with your passport or other documents you need to get home. The thiefs target foreigners exclusively so as not arouse the locals.

Yes, I was a victim of two attempted muggings in the La Raval part of Barcelona.

Nice city overall, but don't go into the Raval at night.

Be careful alot of mugging's and scams , keep cash well secure people walking pass who look ok might not be I know all places have this kind of thing going on but some like above are worst than others, keep small cash in wallet rest in shoe if you have to ,enjoy your trip

Hearing some of the stories on 'talk to Joe on 1 8 5 0' reminds me of what my mother used to say a while back, 'there was none of that carry-on when Franco was in power'.

shrewd said:
Travelling to Barcelona on March 18th with a few friends and was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a pub/restaurant for a good night out. Cheers in advance.

Eat out at The Attic on La Ramblas (upstairs) or Les Quint Nites in Placa Real (you have to queue but its fantastic value)

Roy

The pickpockets will try all sorts of distractions, particularly when the trains arrive in the station and you are getting on. I met a 6'4" tall Garda in Barcelona when I was there ... he is a black belt in karate and they tried to rob him when he was getting on the train. I know it is a terrible way to look at it but, always expect to be robbed when you are away.... it will make you more aware of what is going on and if there is a sudden commotion you will be instantly alerted to a pickpocket.
Barcelona is a great city. Enjoy it.

dave

We went on a day trip to monserrat which was good. If you are travelling with ryanair then I'd leave a day to visit girona which is a lovely town with excellent shopping and scenery.

You should go to les quatre Gats restaurant www.4gats.com. it's in the style of le chat noir in Paris. we went there for lunch and got a very tasty and very reasonable 3 course set menu (starters, mains, deserert, coffe wine and water for €11.00 - a couple of years ago) but its also meant to do a very good dinner.
For atmosphere, quality and service I couldn't recommend it highly enough

Gnash