Barcelona in July

ophelia

I am looking forward to my week in Barcelona in July. Has anyone any tips or information which might be useful on the holiday. What is the beach like? - Does it get very crowded. Not a real beach person, so what are the must sees/dos on this trip. I have hotel accommodation booked so no need to worry about that.

there should be loads of info on Barca in the holidays / travel forum under "cities". One thing to note is that it will be VERY hot at that time - if you are taking an apartment make sure it has good air conditioning.

There's LOADS to to there - fantastic city! and you will need a week at least....

Enjoy
Roger

when we were in barceona we used bus touristic which is a hop on hop off bus visiting the many interesting sites of barcelona.This was the cheapest and quickest way of getting around.
we stayed in sitges ,a little bit of heaven 30 minutes north of Barcelona on the coast ....going there again in october , can't wait !

The bus tour is good, but the real cheapest & quickest way to get around the city is to use the metro - it's easy and super cheap, clean, and gets you to most of the touristy places - parc guell is the only far away place from a stop, 15 mins walk. The beach near the bottom of La Rambla, barceloneta is lovely but could be crowded. There are other beaches though.

Hi tech3,

The last time I looked at a map, Sitges was south of Barcelona? Is there something we should know about this place?

Sitges is south - about 30 minutes on the train. Really nice spot. Very gay. It's just a nice, small sea-side town but without all the tackiness. Loads of beautiful restaurants and a very long prom to take a stroll on in the evening.

Make sure you got to a restaurant in Barcelona called Sikkim. http://www.barceloca.com/dataDetails-302/en-GB/Sikkim-barcelona.aspx

La Sagrada Familia is a must-see. Lots of Gaudi architecture to check out, if you're into that kind of stuff!

I was there in July last year and the beach was pretty jammers, so be warned.

Enjoy!