Barcelona Hotel?

D

dublinboy

Looking to head away in late April. We've heard good things about Barcelona - can anyone recommend a good hotel?

I can recommend the Plaza Catalunya www.hotelcatalunyaplaza.com/. It is situated in Place Catalunya which is more or less the dead centre of Barcelona. It is an ideal location being at the top of Las Ramblas - hotels on Las Ramblas can be quite noisy since no one ever seems to sleep in Barca! Tourist bus and metro are on the doorstep. The hotel serves complimentary cava (champagne), wine and snacks throughout the day and has free internet access in the lobby for guests. You can read guest reviews at Trip Advisor - Reviews on Hotel Catalunya

Hi Dublin boy

Meant to say I got above by typing in barcelona in the "search" area of AAM. I actually stayed in this hotel and it was very central, clean and friendly.

Ask for a room overlooking the plaza. It adds to the experience.

Montcada10 is about 5 mins from Ramblas and the beach - a little pricey but worth it.

Great city - you'll enjoy!

Roy

We were in Barcelona earlier this year, we stayed in Hotel Principal, just off Las Ramblas. The area was PERFECT, the hotel was really good value...the rooms were small but spotless! And the breakfast that was included was yum....Bring good walking shoes!! Barcelona is definitely a city to see on foot, and there's lots of it to see

I would also recommend Catalunya Plaza for location and value for money. Stayed there in December and had a great time in both the hotel and the city.

Thanks for the tips. Had a look at the Plaza Catalunya but it's not available on our dates - typically!

We stayed in the Hostal Opera (hostal is the spanish term for guesthouse..its not a hostel). clean, comfortable, quiet and cheap. Its just off Las Ramblas

[broken link removed]

I've heard great things about this place (Reasonable price - €95 for a double, minimalist 'boutique' hotel, perfect location), but have no personal experience unfortunately as it was booked out when I was there:

http://www.hotelbanysorientals.com/

We were also looking at the [broken link removed] group of hotels as an alternative to HC. They got good write ups on TripAdvisor as far as I can remember.

I've heard it's lovely too (unfortunately can't speak from personal experience)... the restaurant attached to it is nice though - I have eaten there more than once.

Decani said:
We were also looking at the [broken link removed] group of hotels as an alternative to HC. They got good write ups on TripAdvisor as far as I can remember.

I've stayed in the University H10 - the rooms are really small but stylishly decorated ... breakfast was excellent too ... a good option for Barcelona - for me at least small rooms in a city dont' matter as you're not spending much time in the room. I think all H10s have small rooms

We stayed here http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/ for a week a few years ago got a really good deal at the time - the restaurant is lovely and it's about 5-10 min walk to the top of Las Ramblas. It's got a wee pool & a sauna as well - which helps recover from the night before.

Nuts. I got mixed up. Atrium Palace was where we stayed - not Catalunya Plaza which is a H10 hotel that we were also looking into. Don't be put off by the 'wee pool'. The rooms are en suite and very swish too.

I got an apartment which worked out really well. Probably pointless posting as apartment doesnt seem to be on their books but very good website - [broken link removed]

We were in Barcelona 3 weeks ago & stayed in Hotel Condal. Like other hotels mentioned this was very central, just off Las Ramblas. We were at the back of the hotel - quiet, our friends stayed at the front and they said it was a bit noisier. It was clean, comforatable and cheap - about 70 Euro per room - great for us as we tend not to spend much time in the hotel when away for only a weekend. Highly recommended.

[broken link removed]