Barbados?

ilovepink

im thinking of going to barbados for 2 weeks on the 10 august next year. can anyone recommend a "nice" hotel near or on a beach...and also the best way to get there. 2 adults travelling.
also im wondering if its the right time of year to go regarding weather?

Went to a wedding in Barbados in May '07 with Tropical Places Holidays, Duke St. Dublin. Flight Dublin -London - Barbados with BA., about 8 hours flight time. Stayed in the Bougainvillea Beach Hotel, Christchurch. We stayed in their very spacious apartments. Had a wonderful time, hotel located on the beach, two nice pools, landscaped gardens, very friendly and helpful staff.
Night life about 15 minutes away in St Lawrence's Gap or "The Fish Fry" great night out, open air wining dining and dancing. Taxi's are cheap. Hiring a car is a great way to see the Island as it is small and can be done in a day. Also a catamaran trip to see fish turtles and coral. The Locals are very friendly also. Would love to go back life is very laid back there.

I think from June to December is the Monsoon season.

No connection with any of the recommended places.

June - Dec is technically hurricane season....but the island tends to miss most of them. July/Aug gets more humid. Easiest way is as said already Dub-LHR-direct.

We staying in Hastings which is about a 10-15 walk from St Lawrence's Gap. Lovely area, fabulous beaches. I went in late August 2004 but that seemed to be the huricane season, of the 2 weeks we only had one very bad day when the tail end of hurrican Charlie hit but maybe that was lucky. It's is a great destination, I'd highly reccommend it, and once you get there its quite reasonable priced for eating out and excursions etc. We flew Dublin to Barbados with a brief touch down in Shannon. Quite a few operators do holiday deals to Barbados: Tropical places, club travel, sunway so shop around.

Went on rugby tour there last April. Shannon-Gatwick on Friday night, Gatwick-Barbados at 6am on Sat with Virgin Atlantic. Flew back the following Sat afternoon arriving back in Gatwick at around 7am Sun morning. Stayed in St. Laurence's Gap - can't remember the place but it wouldn't be a place I'd bring a lady - perfect for 30 lads getting drunk every night though. Think high season had finished a couple of weeks before we got there (April 19 I think) so it was said to be a lot quiter but we found plenty to do.

Going next april we booked with cairbeen collecation staying in the little arches in Oistions.

stayed in the Bougainvillea Resort also, fantastic location with its own "private" beach and within walking distance from "the Gap". Taxi's are plentyful and there's nearly always one waiting at the hotel. Staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
One thing to mention is that the price of food and drink served in the hotel is very expensive. There's a small bar just down the road and a small foodshop next door. I'd suggest getting a taxi into bridgetown and stocking up on some food n drink in the larger supermarkets.

Bridgetown is about 10 mins away in a taxi and has all the tax free shopping you could ask for.

As mentioned before, june-dec is hurricane season but the Island misses most of the worst of the bad weather.

Sun Times reported Virgin have just announced a Saturday service to Barbados from Manchester starting Spring 09.

We asked a local at our hotel if the beach off The Sandy Lane hotel was private. He told us there are no private beaches in Barbados, not even the one off the posh Sandy Lane hotel.Very calm, buoyant, warm water. Much calmer than around Oistins/Christchurch. We had a snoop and a swim along this stretch of beach. worth the bus rid! Guests of the hotel were provided with lovely velour clad thick mattress sun loungers and lots of Champagne buckets dotted around between the sun loungers. Sadly no one asked us to join them.

stayed in Barbados last July for two weeks. Two adults and one child aged 7. we did the all inclusive package in Turtle beach resort. however when we got there the sea was too rough to swim in or even to paddle along in comfort and that was for the adults!! we moved to Crystal cove hotel after three days and were very glad we did - it was an even nicer hotel and quieter with three lovely pools and a terrace onto the beach. it was on the caribbean side of the island and thus the bathtub like sea unlike the atlantic side which gets very rough in july and august.

weather wise we had one day of rain, otherwise hot and sunny. humid alright but not at the same level as say florida in july or august.