Banks Not Lending To Businesses

Kerrigan

So, we finally learned this morning that the banks are not lending to businesses. Are you surprised:rolleyes:

I called into my local branch (one of the big two) lately to discuss a loan facility but was told they did not have anybody at the branch who could speak to me about business facilities, they only had in-house advisers for non-business customers. I thought I was hearing things.

I telephoned the branch when I returned to confirm what I had been told was indeed correct and again was told they did not have anybody that could facilitate me in anyway.

With some pushing and shoving I was finally given the number of an adviser who was not resident in the branch but who maybe able to help me with my query.

Have been trying to contact her for sometime but no call back, no nothing.

Also to add to my previous post, telephone banking would also not deal with my query as they too only deal with loan/overdraft facilities for non-business account holding customers so they put me onto my branch who could not help me at all.

Its impossible to do business in the country.

My experience in the last 2 months is that AIB are way more proactive when dealing with small businesses. They will look at cases and provide finance to viable businesses.
BOI are a disaster. They will string you along and then say no. It makes me so mad to see them advertising business loans and come talk to us.

Back