Banks intimidating clients . .

NorthDrum

I know for a fact this story is 100% authentic. I have heard of similar strories with specific credit card companies . .

I am assuming the bank in question (or branch) cannot be mentioned for obvious reasons.

Basically a bank official of a friend of mine has been nagging them (some might call harassement) for information on their investments and pension (because the bank gave them money and are looking for guarantees).

The friend has consistantly told the bank that whatever business they have outside of the bank is nothing to do with that bank . .

So anyways, the bank keeps nagging (some might call harrassement) them until they ask for the friends financial advisors details. They give it to the branch. The bank then phones up the financial advisor nagging (some might say harrassing !)them for figures on the clients other investments and pension. When the financial advisors refuses to disclose this information (why would they), they simply hangup.

This is feckin ridiculous, is it any wonder we are stuck bailing out these clowns (some might call them criminal) considering the risks they took . . Maybe if they werent giving out loans like free metros, they wouldnt need to be "nagging" their own clients . .

The financial advisor would be probably be breaking the law if they were to provide the bank with those details. They'd certainly be losing clients. I'd be looking for names of the individuals involved at the bank and taking this further.

Is your friend sure it genuinely was an official from the bank that was nagging (harrassing) them? Sounds a bit like phishing/identity fraud.

Is your friend sure it genuinely was an official from the bank that was nagging (harrassing) them? Sounds a bit like phishing/identity fraud.

Financial Advisor refused to discuss the clients finances with the bank official.

Also, they were warned by the client to expect a call from the Bank official so it was a legitimate tactic of the bank.

I know what I would say to a bank official if they started prodding me about business I had outside their remit. Some people arent as forthright and get taken advantage of by these agressive techniques.

It just makes me sick (but not surprised) that they have the audacity to stoop so low with these sort of mob like tactics . .

I'm confused by this post. Are you saying the bank made an unsecured loan to your friend, have a concern as to the person's ability to pay it back and are now looking for guarantees.? Are their concern's legitimate? There has to be a reason why they are "harassing" your friend

No arguement that they should not be ringing the financial advisor, that is indeed a bit ridiculous

Something on those lines. Im trying not to be too specific for obvious reasons. This isnt somebody refusing to payback a loan or missing bills!

Whatever a banks entitlement if they give unsecured loans to clients, its their problem, not the clients. As I said I have heard similar stories of Credit Card companies phoning up people constantly during the day , intimidating them to clear their debt . .

As I said it stops short of getting "the heavies" out to "persuade" the client to pay them back at all costs. .