Banking 365 Money Manager

Joe90

Anyone using this? I discovered this last week when I logged on to B365, it's a money manager linked to the real time balance and transactions on your accounts. I spent about an hour and a half categorizing all of the transactions that have appeared on my account over the past 13 months, and it gives me a bar-chart display of what exactly we have been spending our money on, and allows me to forecast what incomings/outgoings will be for the next month.

Pros:
Can see at a glance what we are spending on, and how much each month we spend on food, transport, mortgage, insurance.
Can predict what balance will be required for dates in the future.
Can repeat some transactions so they don't have to be put in each week/month.

Cons:
Can't input bi-weekly data - I get paid every 2 weeks, sadly the repeat transaction field is every week or month for income, so I have to input it manually for each bi-weekly payment. Mrs Joe is paid same amount weekly, so not an issue for wages/salaries.
Can't seem to format reports on individual data fields, would be nice to be able to print off individual monthly reports going back over last 12 months. .
We spent far too much cash that we can't account for!

I think I will probably use this every month, but there is a bit of tweaking to be done with this still. Are their any other Irish banks offering this type of online service?

If you have your current account with BOI then your paying at least €20 per year. Check out PTSB and EBS and get FREE current account banking.

Last edited:
Joe90 - I have seen it alright, but didn't have the patience to input all the required info - I need some "quiet time" to go through it all ... how are you finding it so far??

Assume BOI will be grabbing that data also for their own stats of their customer base.. or just me & my ongoing paranoia

I took about 15 mins every day to update the info, but once you have all of the raw data inputted, it's very revealing. Unfortunately you can't customise the date period, and the data in inputted by the amount spent, starting with the largest, so I spent 10 mins today categorizing all of the €40 ATM transactions. It goes back 13 months, so it paints a fairly comprehensive picture of your spending once you have all of the transactions. Sometimes it can be hard to remember what type of a retailer you were with when you used your laser card 6 months ago, especially if it is a company name, and not a trading name for petrol stations, etc. One thing I did notice was how little we spent as a family of 5 on clothing and personal effects this year, and how much was spent in Smyths Toys for birthdays, and for presents for invitations to parties. I had no idea that these little party invitations that come home in the school bag could cost so much when you see it laid out as part of the monthly spend.

I can't see how BOI could need to use the data; if they need to, they can produce any amount of spreadsheets from their own processing centre in Cabinteely by simply running a report. Anyway, they don't have money to give out as personal loans like they used to....

Cons:
Can't input bi-weekly data - I get paid every 2 weeks, sadly the repeat transaction field is every week or month for income, so I have to input it manually for each bi-weekly payment. Mrs Joe is paid same amount weekly, so not an issue for wages/salaries.
Can't seem to format reports on individual data fields, would be nice to be able to print off individual monthly reports going back over last 12 months. .
We spent far too much cash that we can't account for!
I was messing around with this, it's quite interesting.

You can actually set up historic events to recur in the calendar, so you can set your last two wage payments to each recur monthly - solves the lack of bi-weekly option.

My big issue is that I can't import credit card transactions. The rest of my spending is very predictable, if I could categorise twelve months of credit card transactions it would tell me a lot more.

Has anyone else using this service from BOI noticed any issue this month with it? Since the beginning of the month, the facility is no longer populating the data fields on the Money Manager programme for my accounts.
Have BOI now withdrawn without notice this budgeting and forecasting facility without any warning to users? Or could there be some technical issue? Curious....

Back