Bank Transfers

B

bk

Hi, if I want to electronically transfer money to a bank account in Ireland or abroad, what should I do?, and how much does it cost.

Thanks,
BK

EU ok - how about UK?

The article says that cross-border transfers in euro are becoming a lot cheaper ( < 1 euro) from tomorrow (1 july).

What about sterling transfers? I was quoted 20 euro and 3 days to transfer a sum of money into a UK bank a/c. In this day and age that seems expensive : I assume the big banks would have electronic access to the UK clearing system. Can anyone recommend a cheaper way? I could send a bank draft but if it gets lost there's no comeback.

Re: EU ok - how about UK?

UK is part of the EU (even though it is still outside the Euro-zone), so the figures quoted in the article would apply from today. You'll need the IBAN & BIC numbers to get these rates.

Morning all,

Does anybody know whether this new EU ruling affects bank charges for *receiving* transfers? I've had to transfer euros to Spain in the (recent, post-eurozone) past and they charged an appalling amount just to receive the bloody money...!

Spain seems to be a law unto itself. You pay 0.7% to pay a cheque into your a/c or to receive a transfer. Once the cheque is cleared you pay another 0.7% to transfer it to another Eurozone. Just take 100K for example, it'll cost you 1400 euros just to make 2 transactions with YOUR own money. Does anyone know an easier way? Can a Spanish certified euro cheque be paid into an Irish bank and what sort of charge would there be.

Bank Transfer to US

With regards to transferring money to US. I have used a Swift transfer for sending money to my etrade account over in the US. Each transaction costs €32 + whatever the bank makes on the currency conversion.

I should also point out that the bank I have deal with have each time screwed up the transfer and instead of taking the usual three days for the money to go over, it has taken over 2 weeks.

My last episode was when I went to transfer money onthe 16th of July. Yesterday I checked my etrade account and no sign of the money! When I checked with the bank they told me their treasury department had not sent the transfer over. No explanation as to why and no contact with me to tell me there was a problem.

So I guess in summary, price with my bank is €32 per swift transaction to US, but also need to keep a very close eye on them and chase up when money has not arrived.

Re: Bank Transfer to US

Hi,

have a look into www.moneybookers.com I upload my money from my irish account to them on an account with the irish address, send it to my us registered account (0.5 cent) and than withdraw it to my us bank account (1.80 Euro). Takes about 5 days in total but for 2.30 Euro.

Up to now I had no problem with them even that stricly it beats the purpose of the system.

/S.

Back